- Download Job Description – Click Here
- Submit Application Through AmeriCorps VISTA Portal
- Got a Question? Email Corinne, ANN’s current AmeriCorps VISTA
Job Announcement: Web Design & Traffic Specialist – Las Vegas, NV
Associated Position Requirements & Benefits
- 12-Month AmeriCorp VISTA Position: April 16, 2012 – April 19, 2013
- Your orientation is currently scheduled to start April 16, 2012. Your full-time service begins on April 22, 2012. The physical location of the VISTA office will be in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- To qualify for the position you must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S. and you must be at least 18 years old.
At the end of your term (12 months) you will receive either a $5,550 education stipend or a $1,500 cash stipend. Additional benefits include:
- An approximately $1,016 monthly living allowance
- Healthcare benefits while in service
- Childcare assistance while in service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service
The ANN (Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits) mission is strengthening communities by increasing the influence and capacity of Nevada’s nonprofit sector.
ANN’s Web Design & Traffic Specialist will serve ANN’s mission by:
- designing nonprofit-specific websites and landing pages using WordPress,
- empowering staff and volunteers to maintain their sites,
- increasing traffic to websites for ANN and anti-poverty/other target sector nonprofits,
- leading webinars and one-on-one technical support on website design and traffic generation topics,
- increase landing page quality scores and conversion rates of nonprofits,
- driving traffic to Nevada’s Big Give (a 1-day online giving event) and other online fundraising initiatives,
- assisting in design and marketing of products and services,
- assisting in development of a VISTA brokering system for anti-poverty nonprofits, and
- assist with Google AdWords campaigns.
Training to be provided includes Google Certification (including Google search engine marketing), how to set up GoToWebinar webinars and GoToMeeting one-on-one tutorials, Google Doc’s, Google Maps/Places set up, WordPress plugins and Thesis theme, WishList Member content management system (CMS) plugin, autoresponders, email marketing, video marketing, back office shared services, and Business IT Ecosystems for anti-poverty and target nonprofit sector segments and Nevada nonprofits.
Areas of Responsibility
- Critique nonprofit websites, traffic, and quality scores of landing pages and make recommendations for improvement.
- Design nonprofit-specific websites and landing pages.
- Train staff and volunteers in site development and maintenance.
- Assist with nonprofit social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Plus).
- Assist with design and delivery of web-based products and services to anti-poverty and targeted nonprofit sector segments.
- Assist with roundtables, workshops and webinars in Southern Nevada, as needed.
- Assist in driving traffic to ANN’s websites, Nevada’s Big Give, and other online fundraising initiatives.
- Lead and assist with webinars and one-on-one technical support on website design and traffic generation topics.
- Assist with Google AdWord campaigns for nonprofits who have received Google Grants.
- Assist with resource list for Southern Nevada nonprofits.
- Assist in increasing number of new and continuing members in Southern Nevada: nonprofits and sponsors (vendors, businesses and consultants).
- Receive training in and provide technical assistance to nonprofit members in completing the IRS 990-N form and applying to Google Nonprofit Program, YouTube Nonprofit Program, Animoto Nonprofit Program, EventBrite and Vertical Response Nonprofit Programs, and Google Grants; and setting up Google Places/Maps.
- Assist in developing VISTA Brokering system for anti-poverty nonprofits.
- Support local and/or national emergency disaster relief efforts, if needed.
- Support the development of service projects to commemorate the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service in Southern Nevada around the overarching theme of “Economic Development.”
- Assist VISTA team, Executive Director and ANN Board of Directors and members with other projects as needed and as time permits.
Accountability: The Web Design & Traffic Specialist reports to ANN’s Executive Director.
Qualifications of the Preferred Candidate Include
- Project-oriented, self-starter
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with computers (PC) and software, like Word and Excel
- Familiar with website development, Internet and social media like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube preferred
- Knowledge of WordPress and Google Docs preferred
Project Background & Description
The Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits (ANN) mission is strengthening communities by increasing the influence and capacity of Nevada’s nonprofit sector.
According to 2008 IRS statistics, there 6,626 nonprofits in Nevada. 10% (one in ten) of Nevadans work for a nonprofit (U.S. Congressional Report). 21.4% of adults in Nevada volunteer for a charity.
ANN has experience and capacity to provide capacity building roundtables and a weekly GrantStation Insider funding newsletter “free” to nonprofit staff, board members and volunteers. For “paid” members, ANN also has the capacity to provide unique benefits and savings, such as group purchasing discounts, Grant Station funding database, savings on workshops and webinars, and much more.
While ANN has built the capacity to serve nonprofits, because it is a relatively new corporation, it is important to increase awareness state-wide, design and market products and services to nonprofits, as well as identify sponsors from the for-profit sector. The Web Design & Traffic Specialist will assist ANN’s VISTA team and Board of Directors.
Moreover, because it is a “green and lean” organization, ANN relies on the Internet, its website (powered by WordPress) and social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Plus) to help us communicate, promote events, and automate business functions. The Web Design & Traffic Specialist will be an active player in ANN’s Social Media Campaign, VISTA team and in assist in the development and management of online systems for ANN’s virtual business model.
Submit Application Through AmeriCorps VISTA Portal
- Online Application Includes Education Background, Employment & Volunteer References
- Motivation Statement
- 2 References
For More Information:
- Contact Corinne Minard, ANN’s current AmeriCorps VISTA: ANNMarketingAndInternet@gmail.com
Interested? Click Here to Ask Your VISTA Questions