- Download Job Description – Click Here
- Submit Application Through AmeriCorps VISTA Portal
- Got a Question? Email Corinne, ANN’s current AmeriCorps VISTA
Job Announcement: System & Data Specialist – Reno, NV
Associated Position Requirements & Benefits
- 12-Month AmeriCorp VISTA Position: April 16, 2012 – April 19, 2013
- Your orientation is currently scheduled to start April 16, 2012. Your full-time service begins on April 22, 2012. The physical location of the VISTA office will be in Reno, Nevada.
- To qualify for the position you must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S. and you must be at least 18 years old.
At the end of your term (12 months) you will receive either a $5,550 education stipend or a $1,500 cash stipend. Additional benefits include:
- An approximately $973 monthly living allowance
- Healthcare benefits while in service
- Childcare assistance while in service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service
The ANN (Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits) mission is strengthening communities by increasing the influence and capacity of Nevada’s nonprofit sector.
ANN’s System & Data Specialist will serve ANN’s mission by
- identifying anti-poverty and other segments of Nevada’s nonprofit sector,
- offering capacity building webinars and one-on-one training to anti-poverty nonprofits,
- expanding and deepening the nonprofit sector database,
- strengthening ANN membership benefits and service systems,
- assisting in product development and delivery,
- expanding marketing, resource list development and programming for Northern Nevada and Rural Nevada, and
- designing a VISTA brokering system for anti-poverty nonprofits.
Training to be provided includes Google Certification (including Google search engine marketing), how to set up GoToWebinar webinars and GoToMeeting one-on-one tutorials, Google Doc’s, Google Maps/Places set up, WordPress plugins and Thesis theme, WishList Member content management system (CMS) plugin, autoresponders, email marketing, video marketing, back office shared services, and Business IT Ecosystems for anti-poverty and target nonprofit sector segments and Nevada nonprofits.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with automation and maintenance of ANN’s infrastructure and internal systems such as ANN’s fiscal statements.
- Assist anti-poverty nonprofits with building infrastructure-building systems that lead to greater efficiencies and increase effectiveness.
- Assist with development and delivery of capacity building products and services to anti-poverty and targeted nonprofit sector segments.
- Assist in delivering and compiling evaluations from capacity building roundtables in Reno and Rural Nevada.
- Serve as an ANN representative on the Stronger Economies Together (SET) initiative, a regional strategic planning process for rural communities.
- Create a capacity building resource list for Northern Nevada and Rural Nevada nonprofits.
- Assist in increasing number of new and continuing members: nonprofits and sponsors (vendors, businesses and consultants).
- Assist in improving cost-effective, high-quality customer service to members as part of improving membership services.
- Serve sponsors by coordinating blog posts, roundtable promo tables, Non-Profit Purchasing Group set ups, vendor lists.
- Provide Business IT technical support, as needed. For example, monitor email “bounces” and reasons for undeliverability of emails, explore solutions, and update email database.
- Receive training in and provide technical assistance to nonprofit members in completing the IRS 990-N form and applying to Google Nonprofit Program, YouTube Nonprofit Program, Animoto Nonprofit Program, EventBrite and Vertical Response Nonprofit Programs, and Google Grants; and setting up Google Places/Maps.
- Assist in developing VISTA Brokering system for anti-poverty nonprofits.
- Support local and/or national emergency disaster relief efforts, if needed.
- Support the development of service projects to commemorate the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service in Southern Nevada around the overarching theme of “Economic Development.”
- Assist VISTA team, Executive Director and ANN Board of Directors and members with other projects as needed and as time permits.
Accountability: The System & Data Specialist reports to ANN’s Executive Director.
Qualifications of the Preferred Candidate Include
- Project-oriented, self-starter
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with computers (PC) and software, like Word and Excel
- Familiar with website development, Internet and social media like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube preferred
- Knowledge of WordPress and Google Docs preferred
Project Background & Description
The Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits (ANN) mission is strengthening communities by increasing the influence and capacity of Nevada’s nonprofit sector.
According to 2008 IRS statistics, there 6,626 nonprofits in Nevada. 10% (one in ten) of Nevadans work for a nonprofit (U.S. Congressional Report). 21.4% of adults in Nevada volunteer for a charity.
ANN has experience and capacity to provide capacity building roundtables and a weekly GrantStation Insider funding newsletter “free” to nonprofit staff, board members and volunteers. For “paid” members, ANN also has the capacity to provide unique benefits and savings, such as group purchasing discounts, Grant Station funding database, savings on workshops and webinars, and much more.
While ANN has built the capacity to serve nonprofits, because it is a relatively new corporation, it is important to increase awareness state-wide, design and market products and services to nonprofits, as well as identify sponsors from the for-profit sector. The System & Data Specialist will assist ANN’s VISTA team and Board of Directors.
Moreover, because it is a “green and lean” organization, ANN relies on the Internet, its website (powered by WordPress) and social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Plus) to help us communicate, promote events, and automate business functions. The System & Data Specialist will be an active player in ANN’s Social Media Campaign, VISTA team and in assist in the development and management of online systems for ANN’s virtual business model.
Submit Application Through AmeriCorps VISTA Portal
- Online Application Includes Education Background, Employment & Volunteer References
- Motivation Statement
- 2 References
For More Information:
- Contact Corinne Minard, ANN’s current AmeriCorps VISTA: ANNMarketingAndInternet@gmail.com
Interested? Click Here to Ask Your VISTA Questions