- Download Job Description – Click Here
- Submit Application Through AmeriCorps VISTA Portal
- Got a Question? Email Corinne, ANN’s current AmeriCorps VISTA
Job Announcement: Marketing & Fundraising Online Specialist – Las Vegas, NV
Associated Position Requirements & Benefits
- 12-Month AmeriCorp VISTA Position: April 16, 2012 – April 19, 2013
- Your orientation is currently scheduled for April 16, 2012. Your full-time service begins on April 22, 2012. The physical location of the VISTA office will be in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- To qualify for the position you must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S. and you must be at least 18 years old.
At the end of your term (12 months) you will receive either a $5,550 education stipend or a $1,500 cash stipend. Additional benefits include:
- An approximately $1016 monthly living allowance
- Healthcare benefits while in service
- Childcare assistance while in service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service
The ANN (Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits) mission is strengthening communities by increasing the influence and capacity of Nevada’s nonprofit sector. ANN’s Marketing & Fundraising Online Specialist will serve ANN’s mission by:
- marketing capacity building webinars, workshops and roundtables,
- increasing donations for anti-poverty and other nonprofits in Nevada’s Big Give,
- increasing active nonprofit participation in Nevada’s Big Give (1-day online fundraising event in November 2013),
- identifying online donation and fundraising opportunities including but not limited to social media,
- driving traffic to landing pages,
- assisting in design and marketing of products and services,
- providing webinars and one-on-one technical assistance as needed, and
- marketing a VISTA brokering system for anti-poverty nonprofits.
Training to be provided includes Google Certification (including Google search engine marketing), how to set up GoToWebinar webinars and GoToMeeting one-on-one tutorials, Google Doc’s, Razoo landing page set up, driving traffic to websites, online fundraising, email marketing, video marketing, and social media marketing for anti-poverty and target nonprofit sector segments and Nevada nonprofits.
Areas of Responsibility
- Create a Social Media Campaign for ANN (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Plus). Train staff in what to do.
- Assist with Nevada’s Big Give online giving day in Nevada to promote philanthropy and individual giving.
- Assist with anti-poverty nonprofit social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Plus).
- Assist with marketing of products and services to anti-poverty and targeted nonprofit sector segments.
- Assist in marketing capacity building professional development roundtables, workshops and webinars in Southern Nevada.
- Assist in identifying marketing partners for roundtables, workshops and webinars.
- Maintain capacity building resource list for Southern Nevada nonprofits.
- Assist in increasing number of new and continuing members in Southern Nevada: nonprofits and sponsors (vendors, businesses and consultants).
- Provide marketing and fundraising online webinars and one-on-one technical support, as needed.
- Receive training in and provide technical assistance to nonprofit members in completing the IRS 990-N form and applying to Google Nonprofit Program, YouTube Nonprofit Program, Animoto Nonprofit Program, EventBrite and Vertical Response Nonprofit Programs, and Google Grants; and setting up Google Places/Maps.
- Assist in developing VISTA Brokering system for anti-poverty nonprofits.
- Support local and/or national emergency disaster relief efforts, if needed.
- Support the development of service projects to commemorate the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service in Southern Nevada around the overarching theme of “Economic Development.”
- Assist VISTA team, Executive Director and ANN Board of Directors and members with other projects as needed and as time permits.
Accountability: The Marketing & Fundraising Online Specialist reports to ANN’s Executive Director.
Qualifications of the Preferred Candidate Include
- Project-oriented, self-starter
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with computers (PC) and software, like Word and Excel
- Familiar with website development, Internet and social media like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube preferred
- Knowledge of WordPress and Google Docs preferred
Project Background & Description
The Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits (ANN) mission is strengthening communities by increasing the influence and capacity of Nevada’s nonprofit sector.
According to 2008 IRS statistics, there 6,626 nonprofits in Nevada. 10% (one in ten) of Nevadans work for a nonprofit (U.S. Congressional Report). 21.4% of adults in Nevada volunteer for a charity.
ANN has experience and capacity to provide capacity building roundtables and a weekly GrantStation Insider funding newsletter “free” to nonprofit staff, board members and volunteers. For “paid” members, ANN also has the capacity to provide unique benefits and savings, such as group purchasing discounts, Grant Station funding database, savings on workshops and webinars, and much more.
While ANN has built the capacity to serve nonprofits, because it is a relatively new corporation, it is important to increase awareness state-wide, design and market products and services to nonprofits, as well as identify sponsors from the for-profit sector. The Marketing & Fundraising Online Specialist will assist ANN’s VISTA team and Board of Directors.
Moreover, because it is a “green and lean” organization, ANN relies on the Internet, its website (powered by WordPress) and social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Plus) to help us communicate, promote events, and automate business functions. The Marketing & Fundraising Online Specialist will be an active player in ANN’s Social Media Campaign, VISTA team and in assist in the development and management of online systems for ANN’s virtual business model.
Submit Application Through AmeriCorps VISTA Portal
- Online Application Includes Education Background, Employment & Volunteer References
- Motivation Statement
- 2 References
For More Information:
- Contact Corinne Minard, ANN’s current AmeriCorps VISTA: ANNMarketingAndInternet@gmail.com
Interested? Click Here to Ask Your VISTA Questions