- Click here to download PowerPoint slides.
- Click on the “play” button below to watch video …
- National Study of Nonprofit-Government Contracts and Grants 2013: State Profiles by Urban Institute
- Nonprofit-Government Contracts and Grants: Findings from the 2013 National Survey by Urban Institute (May 15, 2014) | Brief Version
- Toward Common Sense Contracting: What Taxpayers Deserve by National Council of Nonprofits (May 15, 2014) | Executive Summary
- Key Resources from State Task Forces Highlighted in Partnering for Impact
- Contracts and Grants between Nonprofits and Government by Sarah L. Pettijohn and Elizabeth T. Boris
- Maryland: A Working Model of Nonprofit and Government Collaboration by Erwin de Leon, Sarah L. Pettijohn and Evan Nemoff
- Montgomery County Nonprofit Contracts and Grants by Erwin de Leon
In this webinar, you will learn …
- Top problems in Nevada government-nonprofit contracting including complexity of/time required by reporting process (Nevada ranks 14th) and by application process (Nevada ranks 19th)
- How three out of four Nevada nonprofits (76%) are unable to recover an indirect cost rate of more than 10 percent while 8% are paid zero
- Common problems before and during contracts/grants
- Common sense solutions including collaborative problem solving, accountability for full and prompt payments, elimination of unilateral mid-stream contract changes, and simplifying complex application and reporting requirements
- Understand state and national data on contracting from the Urban Institute study
- Download the Urban Institute study
- Download the National Council of Nonprofits special report
- Hear other stories around contracting
- Share your story, if you like
- Have a powerful advocacy tool to persuade people
Facilitator Bios: Beth Bowsky & Phil Johncock
Beth Bowsky is Policy Specialist for Government-Nonprofit Contracting for the National Council of Nonprofits.
Phil Johncock is the Lobbyist and Executive Director for the Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits.