- Click here to download PowerPoint slides
- Click the “play” button below to watch the replay video …
- Competing for Federal Dollars in Nevada Special Report No. 2 from The Lincy Institute (UNLV)
- Accelerate Nevada
- Contact Info: Cyndy Ortiz Gustafson 702-241-8033
Nevada ranks 53rd out of 50 states and 3 territories when it comes to bringing in formula funding and competitive federal grants to the state. These funds impact our ability to provide critical social services, to provide high quality education and and to fund economic development in our state. For every tax dollar we send to the federal government, we get an estimated 67 cents back. This money is ours, and we should be competing for it, and using it to better our state and the quality of life for our citizens.
In this webinar, you will learn about the May 2014 Special Report (No. 2) from The Lincy Institute entitled Competing for Federal Grant Dollars in Nevada.
In this webinar, you will learn …
- What the data says about the money we are “leaving on the table” – where is it, and in what categories of funding.
- Why Nevada is failing at the competitive federal funding game.
- Why we are not successful bringing in large federal grants when other states are.
- What some of the changes are we can make that will result in success.
- What the credible path forward looks like, and who is working on this in our state.
- Articulate why Nevada is struggling to compete for federal funding,
- Understand what individual non profits, and their partners, can do to start to turn this situation around,
- Understand what system change projects are working on this issue at the state level,
- Understand where to plug in to make policy changes real, and
- Understand where to help remove the barriers to innovation and change that we all seek to ensure that Nevada is strong and competitive in the future.