Nevada Nonprofits Are BIGGER Than You Think
- There are 4,681 Nevada nonprofits that can receive charitable donations.
- In 2008, public charities in Nevada reported over $17.95 Billion in assets (NCCS Business Master File 04/2009).
- The nonprofit sector is a primary job creator and job trainer. Nonprofits collectively employ more Nevadans than the construction, finance, and insurance industries combined.
- 10% (one in ten) work for a nonprofit (U.S. Congressional Report). Nonprofits do business in every Nevada community, whether caring for returning soldiers, educating children, rebuilding cities, training the workforce, nursing the sick, supporting our elders, elevating the arts, mentoring our youth, protecting natural resources, nurturing our souls, and much more.
- As front-line providers of services and as organizations grounded in their communities, Nevada nonprofits have a stake in the strength and well-being of the economy and of governments at all levels.
- 26.3% of adults in Nevada volunteer (2010), an increase of 17.9% from the year before. Nevadans contribute 62.7 million hours of service (2008).
- Public charities in Nevada reported over $5.26 Billion in annual revenue (2008).
- $5.26 Billion in annual revenues come from program services including government fees and contracts (60%); contributions, gifts and grants (29%); and “other” sources including dues, rental income, special event income, and goods sold (11%).
Resources for Nevada Nonprofits
- 990 form online – A simple way for nonprofit organizations to prepare & file tax returns
- National Center for Charitable Statistics – Nonprofit data at your fingertips
- Outcome Indicators Project provides a framework for tracking nonprofit performance.
- Quick facts about nonprofits