- Chair: Phil Johncock (Term ends December 31, 2014)
- List of Members: Cheri Hill, Cyndy Ortiz Gustavson, Phil Johncock
- Development Committee Description (approved by board on 2-23-13): To plan and implement ANN’s development/fundraising & sustainability plan(s) without conflicts of interest with member nonprofits. It establishes policies for decision making, engages board and members in developing strategy, and monitors implementation.
- Meetings: July 17 at 11:30 am (Rapscallions, Reno), June 19
3 primary areas of focus starting mid-2014:
- Corporate Sponsorships (businesses who benefit from a healthy nonprofit sector)
- Grants (Foundation, Corporation, Government, Civic Organizations)
- Workshops and Hybrid Training Model (example … combined online platform of Network for Google’s Marketing course and on-demand forum with bookend kickoff and graduation events and support to increase motivation/participation, increase higher completion rate, and create an eLearning community with accountability).
We agreed to address policies for decision making …
- Avoid, whenever possible, conflicts of interest with board members around fundraising.
- Address as a group at the Board Retreat Patti’s concern that ANN is taking funds away from nonprofits by applying for grants from competitive pools like Foundations.
To engage board members in developing strategy around #1, we agreed to:
- Identify possible corporate sponsorship packages. Phil will pull together packages used in the past, as well as options/prices for possible packages.
- Generate a list of corporate sponsor prospects.
July 17, 2014
- 11:30 am – 1 pm (Rapscallions Restaurant, Reno)
- Minutes from June 19
June 19, 2014
- Comparable Agency Analysis: Revenue Streams of Other State Associations
- ANN’s Multiple Revenue Streams
- Grants Received 2009-2014
- Click the “play” button below to listen to the audio recording of the meeting …Loading the player …