Position Requirements & Benefits
12-Month AmeriCorps VISTA Position: April 2011 – March 2012
To qualify for the position, you must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the U.S. and you must be at least 18 years old.
At the end of your term (12 months), you will receive either a $5,350 education stipend or a $1,500 cash stipend. Additional benefits include:
- An approximately $900 monthly living allowance
- Healthcare benefits while in service
- Childcare assistance while in service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service
- Opportunity to work with Nevada’s nonprofit leaders
- Opportunity for sales and Internet skill development on-the-job
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with maintenance and strengthening of ANN’s Social Media Campaign (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Assist with website management.
- Assist with offline/online marketing, including presentations, search engine optimization, email marketing, social media, video marketing, etc.
- Assist in marketing, sales presentations and recruitment of nonprofits and sponsors (vendors, businesses and consultants).
- Assist in providing membership services and customer service to members, as needed. For example, helping members access resources and services online.
- Provide technical support, as needed. For example, monitor email “bounces” and reasons for undeliverability of emails, explore solutions, and update email database.
- Provide technical assistance one-on-one and in small groups around website design and maintenance using WordPress, as well as social media.
- Assist in delivering capacity building roundtables in Las Vegas, Reno and rural Nevada.
- Assist with other projects as needed and as time permits.
Accountability: The Marketing & Internet Specialist reports to ANN’s Executive Director.
- Project-oriented, self-starter
- Able to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with marketing, sales and one-on-one and small group presentations
- Familiar with computers (PC) and software, like Word and Excel
- Familiar with websites, Internet and social media required
- Knowledge of WordPress preferred but not required
Project Background & Description
The Alliance for Nevada Nonprofits (ANN) mission is strengthening communities by increasing the influence and capacity of Nevada’s nonprofit sector.
According to 2008 IRS statistics, there are 7,833 nonprofits in Nevada: 5,037 public charities, 1,971 other types (i.e., chambers of commerce, fraternal organizations and civic leagues), and 825 private foundations. 10% (one in ten) of Nevadans work for a nonprofit (U.S. Congressional Report). 21.4% of adults in Nevada volunteer for a charity.
ANN provides capacity building roundtables and a weekly GrantStation Insider funding newsletter “free” to nonprofit staff, board members and volunteers. For “paid” members, ANN also offers provide unique benefits and savings, such as group purchasing discounts, Grant Station funding database, savings on workshops and webinars, and much more.
While ANN has built the capacity to serve nonprofits, because it is a relatively new corporation, it is important to increase awareness state-wide as well as design and promote market-sensitive products and services to nonprofits, as well as identify sponsors from the for-profit sector. The Marketing & Internet Specialist will assist ANN’s Executive Director in increasing awareness and making presentations.
Moreover, because it is a “lean and green” organization, ANN relies on the Internet, its website (powered by WordPress) and social media platforms (like Facebook and Twitter) to help communicate, promote events, and automate business functions. The Marketing & Internet Specialist will be an active player in ANN’s Social Media Campaign and in assist in the development and management of online systems for ANN’s virtual business model.
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit these three items by email to info@AllianceForNevadaNonprofits.org …
- 1 Paragraph Why You Are Interested In This Position
- 3 Reference Contacts (Contact Information Only: Name, Title, Agency, Phone, Email, Relationship)
Interim Executive Director